Realme’s CEO Madhav Sheth confirmed that the company was working on RealmeOS — an all-new Android skin for its devices. However, the company shelved its plans for a completely new OS later that year in November. Instead, the company planned on offering a customized version of ColorOS 7 with a near-stock Android interface. Earlier this month, the company first unveiled Realme UI alongside the launch of the Realme X50 5G at an event in China. And now, it’s finally rolling out the new Realme UI based on Android 10 to the Realme 3 Pro.
Download Realme UI for Realme 3 Pro Android 10 Update
Quick Overview of Realme 3 Pro
The Realme 3 Pro smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm), the processor that features 2 core clocked at 2.2GHz and 6 cores at 1.7GHz all the cores are Kyro 360. 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM. It running on the Android 9 pie but soon Realme updates Color OS 7.0 with Android 10. The Realme 3 pro has Adreno 616 (700MHz) for better graphics performance. In the front, the device has an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen 6.3-inch display with a resolution of 1080×2340 and with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 with 409PPI.
The device sports a dual-camera set-up at the back with the 16MP sensor (f/1.7), 5Mp f/2.4 depth sensor. In the front, you get a single 25MP camera with an f/2.0 aperture waterdrop notch camera. Some of the features of the Realme 3 series have LED flash, HDR, panorama, and offers video recording 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, and superslow motion 720@960fps. Moreover, the device has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. The Realme 3 Pro packs a battery capacity of 4045 mAh that supports VOOC charge it has 20watt USB charger in the box.
Download Realme UI for Realme 3 Pro
The update also includes optimizations to the Smart Sidebar, screenshots feature, all the new features introduced in Android 10, cross OEM file sharing, and much more. Here’s the official changelog for the ColorOS 6 update for the Realme 3 Pro:
Realme UI Update Changelog for Realme 3 Pro
- Updated UI to realme UI• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
- Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
- Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
- Optimized New Android 10 navigation gestures
- Optimized gestures:
- All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added whole new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Added pause feature for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system built-in ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- New management feature for recent tasks: You can view the memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
- Added new live wallpapers.
- Added artistic wallpapers.
- Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
- Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
- Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
- Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
- Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Added audio source selection for screen recording
- Optimized the Camera UI for a better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
- realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab
As with all OS updates from the company, the latest ColorOS 6 update for the Realme 3 Pro is rolling out to users in a staged fashion. This means that the update will make its way to a handful of users at first and when Realme confirms that it doesn’t have any critical bugs, it will be rolled out to more users.