Rufus is a standalone app designed to format and create a bootable USB drive for a large variety of ISOs. The app is just over 1MB in size and is notably faster than similar competitor apps such as the Windows 7 USB utility, Universal USB Installer, and UNetbootin. Download Rufus for Windows 11 and make a bootable pen drive and flash your os on your windows computer.
What is Rufus
Rufus can come in handy when you need to simply format a USB drive, install an OS on a machine that lacks a CD/DVD-ROM drive, or when you need to boot an operating system temporarily without intentions of actually installing the media. This can be immensely useful while you’re on the go or just need access to an OS for a temporary, isolated reason. The app can even be used to flash firmware to BIOS or other destinations by just using DOS.
Well, you can even use a USB thumb drive to install Windows 11 in any system. However, you would need at least 16GB of storage space to create bootable media.
Download Rufus Latest updated 2021.04.30:
Download Rufus for Windows 11
Rufus is a utility that helps format and creates bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
It can be especially useful for cases where:
- you need to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc.)
- need to work on a system that doesn’t have an OS installed
- you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
- you want to run a low-level utility
Despite its small size, Rufus provides everything you need!
Oh, and Rufus is fast. For instance, it’s about twice as fast as UNetbootin, Universal USB Installer or Windows 7 USB download tool, on the creation of a Windows 7 USB installation drive from an ISO. It is also marginally faster on the creation of Linux bootable USB from ISOs.
A non exhaustive list of Rufus supported ISOs is also provided at the bottom of this page.
How to Make bootable OS using Rufus
You can use Rufus to create a Bootable USB for Windows 11. After installing Rufus, follow some of the simple steps given below:
- First of all, launch Rufus and click on the ‘Select‘ button. Next, choose the Windows 11 ISO file that you can download.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to flash Windows 11 on the USB drive via Rufus.
- Once done, restart your computer and press the boot key while your PC boots up.
- Select the USB Pen Drive from the Boot option where you have flashed the leaked Windows 11 build.
- Once done, you will see the Windows 11 installer. The setup process is similar to how we install Windows 10.
- After the installation, your PC will restart. After the restart Windows 11 OOBE setup screen will appear. You need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can install Windows 11 via Rufus.
So, this guide is all about how to download & install Windows 11 ISO files. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.