You can see now every month we get an Android security patch update, so sometime you will not find the updated latest build on the official stock ROM website. So in this article, I will show you how to capture Latest OTA download link on your mobile.
What is OTA Update
OTA stands for Over-the-air and this thing available for each and every device. For instance, your friend might have received an update on his device, but you haven’t. There could be several factors in play here, like region, carrier, etc.
In such a case, you can simply ask your friend or the online community to capture the OTA Update URL of the latest firmware. Once done, you can manually sideload the OTA zip on your Android device.
- At first, you need to enable developer option on your smartphone
- Download the ADB Tool Installer Zip, it helps you to fetch OTA in front of you.
- Make sure your device is not rooted otherwise you can not pull out the OTA link.
Method 1: Capture OTA Update URL using PC
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Go to C:\adb on your PC. This is the folder where all the ADB and Fastboot binaries are present.
- Hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside this folder.
- Select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option.
- The command-line window shall open up on your PC.
- Enter the command to capture OTA update URL on Windows
adb logcat > ota.txt
- As soon as you execute this command, grab your device without disturbing the USB connection.
- Open the system update window and start downloading the update. After 10-15 seconds, pause/cancel the download.
- Go back to the command-line screen and press the Ctrl + C key on your keyboard.
- Now go to C:\adb and open the ‘ota.txt‘ file
Search (Ctrl + F) the text file for keywords like “.zip”, “googleapis”, or “ota”. Using these keywords, you shall be able to locate and capture OTA URL. Once you have the URL, paste in your browser’s address bar and download the file.