Redmi just launched its new budget lineup device poco X2. This article is based on rooting your Poco X2 devices. In this article, we are completely guiding you, Here you will know How to Install TWRP and Root Poco X2.
Quick Overview of Poco X2
The PocoX2 smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm snapdragon SDM730G Snapdragon730G (7 nm), the processor that features 1 core clocked at 2.42GHz and 1 core clocked at 2.2GHz and 6 cores at 1.8GHz all the cores are Kyro 475. It comes with 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 12GB. It runs on the latest Android 10 with the MIUI Poco version. The Poco X2 has Adreno 620 (700MHz) for better graphics performance. In the front, the device has a Fluid AMOLED capacitive touchscreen 6.7-inch display with a resolution of 1080×2400 and an aspect ratio of 20:9 with 402PPI.
The device sports a Quad-camera set-up at the back with the 64MP sensor (f/1.8)+ 8MP f/2.2 (ultrawide), 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, macro sensor, with 2MP depth sensor. in the front, you get a single 20MP f/2.0 aperture waterdrop notch camera.
Some of the features of the camera of Poco X2 are LED flash, HDR, panorama, and offers video recording 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, and superslow motion 720@960fps. Moreover, the device has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor. The Poco X2 packs a battery capacity of 4500 mAh that supports 27W USB-C fast charging 4000mAh capacity.
How to Root on Poco X2
- Make sure the Redmi Note 8 bootloader is unlocked
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC
- ADB and Firstboot drivers for your windows/mac pcs
- Xiaomi USB drivers.
- MI Account.
- Official MI Unlock Tool.
- Download TWRP Image for Redmi note 8.
- Disable _DM-verify_ForceEncrypt.zip.
- Latest Magisk
If you don’t know
- how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi devices check here.
How to Install TWRP on Poco X2.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter.
- ADB reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- fastboot devices
- For install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter
- fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- For boot, you can use the command
- fastboot boot twrpname.img.
- Now you have successfully installed twrp in your Redmi Note 8.
How to Install Magisk on Your Poco X2
- Download the Latest Version Magisk 19.3.zip and saved it into the phone storage of the device.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP (Press and hold volume up and power button together)
- For more security make a Nandroid Backup.
- Flash Magisk 19.3 and No_verify_opt_encrypt.ZIP via install method.
- And reboot the system.
- now you successfully rooted.
Congratulations now you have successfully rooted your Poco X2 device. Now you can install the Xposed Framework, and customize your device. But remember one thing please read the process and download all the files.