The Brand like OnePlus always appreciated by all the user, OnePlus always provide an immersive experience in terms of Display, Camera, User Experience, Oneplus Always give the user next lever performance. But Oneplus Allow to their user to unlock the bootloader. Oneplus officially support the rooting device. How to Unlock Bootloader of Any OnePlus Devices
but unlocking the bootloader and customizing this beast is where the rest of the magic occurs. Being able to install TWRP, Magisk, custom ROMs, and the many other mods out there will take this already great device to the next level.
Why unlock bootloader?
By unlocking bootloader you can customize your phone in various ways. A unlock bootloader allows you to modify the system image through recovery. not only root the smartphone to gain admin privileges, but also install a different ROM which can change the smartphone experience.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Any OnePlus Devices
This whole tutorial can be applied to any Oneplus Android smartphones such as OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition.
- All data on your device will be erased. So, backup all important data before unlocking the bootloader.
- Your warranty may be void. So, know in advance the risk you’re taking.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Oneplus 7/7T/7 Pro/ 7T McLaren Editon
- In order to flash any official/ non-official images, such as TWRP, you need to unlock your bootloader.
Download the TWRP image and save the file on your pc/laptop.
- Enable Advanced Reboot mode to get to Fastboot Mode on the Oneplus Phones is to enable the Advanced reboot.
- Now that you have the Advanced reboot option enabled, long-press the power button to bring up the power menu for your device. Tap the “Bootloader” option to make your phone immediately begin booting into Fastboot Mode. Once your phone reboots, you should be sitting at the Fastboot Mode main menu. Now you need to connect your phone to your computer with a USB data cable. From here, you can leave the phone in Fastboot Mode and proceed with the next step of this guide.
- To unlock the bootloader, you’ll need the ADB and Fastboot files on your computer so you can send the commands required over to your phone.
- Opening a command window in the platform-tools folder is the next thing you’ll have to do in your quest to get your bootloader unlocked.
- Before starting the process of unlocking your bootloader, make sure to back up any data before proceeding with this step — your phone will take a mandatory factory reset.
Once your data is safe, make sure you have a command window opened up in the platform-tools folder. From within that command window, type the following command, then press enter.
fastboot oem unlock
Now you successfully unlock the bootloader of any OnePlus devices.
Note: Before you start the process of unlocking the bootloader of OnePlus devices please download the proper TWRP image file and do make sure you backup your phone and follow the instruction process very carefully.